- Operations (All Guards)
- Liberty, MO, USA
- Part Time
3 - 5 YEARS SECURITY EXPERIENCE
Examples of duties include performing security patrols, protecting property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents, investigates and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations, provide any needed assistance to customers, employees and visitors with the department's procedures, and performs other related duties as assigned by Operations Manager or President. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Enforces laws, ordinances, and policies of specific client's properties.
- Patrols an assigned area, on foot or vehicle, during a specific period with the purpose of deterring, detecting, delaying, respond, or reacting to any criminal activity.
- Checks doors, windows, and examines premises of assigned client's properties in order to detect any suspicious conditions.
- Investigates suspicious conditions and complaints and makes arrests of persons who commit crimes.
- Directs traffic when necessary, and approved by a supervisor.
- Prepares reports and logs and other clerical or administrative duties reports must be completed and submitted to supervisor daily (on the date of incident).
- Answers complaints and takes necessary corrective action.
- Gives advice or general information relating to security to client's or public.
- Operates radio, vehicles or other necessary equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed posts, 21 years of age for armed posts.
- Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, with staff, clients and the public, ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures, ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance, ability to write and investigate required reports; ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures; ability to maintain any valid licenses that may be required.
- Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress related to working conditions.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment required.
- Excellent moral character and clean background free from excessive misdemeanors, traffic offenses, or any felonies, as well as positive record with creditors and prior employers.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed inside and outside at various properties with exposure to inside and outside environmental conditions, inclement weather, unpredictable crisis situations and possible combative individuals. Rare but possible exposure to blood and/or bodily fluids may occur. This job requires standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, stooping, bending, pulling, pushing, grasping, walking, running, carrying and climbing. Requires infrequent lifting or carrying of objects up to 50 lbs.